Grievance for Registration No: PRSEC/E/2012/11049


Subject: Sorry state of the bureaucracy of Kerala state. 

 


Dear President of India I am a civilian Indian citizen from Kerala State. I have a petition pending in the Home Department of Kerala State. The number being 2757/12/M(HOMEVIG), dated 26/06/12. The petition was registered on my behalf by the Private secretary of the honorable Home Minister Sri Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishan, as per a fax message of my request to the minister on 21-06-12. I received an acknowledgment of my petition on 28-06-12, asking me to contact the Principal Secretary for Home Ministry office of Kerala, for further information. I have been trying to contact the office and have sent various letters and e-mails , requesting the status of my petition. I contacted the Principal Secretary on his cell number published in the Home Ministry web site. As per his direction, I did sent a written request for his assistance by Speed post, for which I have not received any reply till date. The following are the issues I faced during my contact with the Principal Secretary's office. 1. No response to the E-mails sent to the official Ids listed in the Home Ministry web site. 2. Extremely rude and bullying behaviour by the staff akin to the British Raj days. 2. No empathy from the Principal secretary and the staff, citing official procedures, with a 'take it or leave it attitude'. 3. The IDEAS (Information and Data Exchange Advanced System) web site "http://sics.kerala.gov.in" hosted by the Kerala IT Mission of the State government, which is petition tracker facility for the public, contains outdated data. The status of my petition for the past forty days hasn't changed at all:- 2757/12/M(HOMEVIG) REQEST FOR RESERCH WORK NATARAJ S NARAYANAN, 2/491, THEKKEMADOM, PALA ROAD, ETTUMANOOR P.O, KOTTAYAM CLERK On contacting the 'G' Section on phone Number, 0471 2518943 and a reference Number 54752, the officer on the phone (extremely rude, impolite, insulting person) says that IDEAS website is not authentic and not updated, and also there is no post called 'CLERK' in his department. And he says that I need not call him to enquire, "Things will happen at its own pace". 4. A strange and illegal Disclaimer on the said IDEAS website:- "Disclaimer Government of Kerala / NIC accepts no responsibility in relation to the accuracy, completeness, usefulness or otherwise, of the contents. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant Government department(s) and/or other source(s), and to obtain any appropriate professional advice before acting on the information provided in the Portal." Which renders the whole System of on-line tracking of petitions useless. I wish to inform that if the departments don't value or consider a request or grievance sent via E-mail, why should they publish the mails ids in the official web sites? Is It not a violation of the IT act and its amendment in 2008, when the government bodies ignore the validity of electronic documents and letters sent via E-mails to the IDs published in the official websites? I wish to cite an example how other institutions like RBI are helping out common man like me. I did have a serious problem with the Corporation Bank of Coimbatore. I am an account holder with the bank and the bank resorted to an unprofessional way of debiting my accout stating RBI guidelines. On making a well drafted complaint to the Banking Ombudsman over E-mail in a short period of few weeks, the bank decision was reversed in my favour, at the behest of Banking Ombudsman Chennai. All of my communication between me , the Bank and the Ombudsman was via E-mail. Not once did I need to use postal, fax or commuting to Chennai. Kindly enforce the IT act amendment of 2008 in Government department to help us, the common civilian citizen of India. Warm regards Nataraj S Narayan

Comments